Friday, January 19, 2007

Can't Resist

Two more quotes from a couple of morons.

Among residents, Denise Savoy, a nonsmoker whose father smoked five packs a day and died of emphysema at age 78, opposes the ban, unconvinced of the health risks.

“Doctors are trying to say all these kids have asthma, ear infections,” Ms. Savoy said. “You know what — I had one ear infection in my life. My kids spent a lot of time around my dad, and my oldest two children had lots of ear infections and tubes in their ears, but my youngest two had none of it. My father was fine until about the last year and half of his life.”

She also worries that smokers might have withdrawal symptoms while driving and cause accidents.

...

“I’ll just do my business elsewhere,” said Steward Atwood of Machias, who quit smoking 10 years ago and regularly shops in Bangor. “It’s a right being taken away from people.”


Again I'm fascinated to see that people think they have a right to do this, but the other one is even better. I just love these guys who say "It didn't affect mmmm... that guy, so it must be crap that it's bad for you." Or "My father smoked 5 packs a day and died at 78 FROM SMOKING and I'm not convinced of the risks." Imagine how long this guy (who was apparently extremely healthy except for the emphysema that killed him) would have lived if he hadn't smoked.

No comments: